Have a short general discussion about what people can do to campaign for change.
- What do people campaign about? (E.g. women’s rights, racial equality, environmental issues…)
- What strategies do people use to achieve their campaign goals and spread their message? (E.g. marches, petitions, social media…)
Using break out rooms split the girls in smaller groups to start brainstorming ideas on their own ‘campaign’. Use the following prompts for discussion:
- What changes do you want to see in the world to make it better?
- What is something you are passionate about?
- Is there an issue you think people need to pay more attention to?
- Who is affected by this issue?
- Why do you think this is important?
- What is the goal for your campaign?
- Who might be interested in joining your campaign?
- How could you interest more people and make them aware of your campaign?
- How can you raise awareness for your issue in your everyday environment, e.g. with family, friends or at school?
Once the girls have brainstormed some ideas, they can come back as a larger group and share their ideas for their campaign.
The group can share whether they would get involved with the campaign or not.