- A4 or A3 paper
- Old magazines/newspapers to cut up
- Any additional images or photos (optional)
- Coloured pens and/or pencils
- Additional arts materials for decoration, e.g. stickers (optional)
- A clear surface/workspace (option to cover with newspaper)
Get the girls to answer at least five of these questions:
- What would I like to be when I grow up?
- What goals do I want to achieve? (e.g. I want to learn more about astronomy, I want to be good at basketball, I want to sing in front of people …)
- What is my favourite place?
- What is my favourite movie/tv show/book?
- Who is my favourite singer?
- What activity do I love doing?
- What is my favourite colour?
- What is my favourite animal?
- What season do I prefer?
- What is my favourite food?
- Who do I look up to?
Then get the girls to draw or find images that represent the answers to the above questions.
Next, ask the girls to write down three affirmations, they can choose from these examples:
- I am strong
- I am amazing
- I am brave
- I am beautiful inside and out
- I accept myself as I am
- I am passionate
- I have unlimited potential
- I get better every single day
- I can be anything I want to be
- I am ready to learn
- I can make my dreams come true
- My mistakes help me grow
- I am perfect just the way I am
- I have courage and confidence
- I believe in myself
- It is enough to do my best
- I am inspired
- I am unstoppable
Once they have gathered all their ideas, they can stick all their phrases, words and images onto their paper and create their own vision board.